What you will get
The Boys' Brigade offers free website and email hosting services to Districts, Battalions and Companies in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. This page provides information the services and functionality.
The URL of your space will include your Company, Battalion or District name. They will be in the form: http://name.boys-brigade.org.uk where name will be your Company, Battalion or District name.
Website will be setup with the following services/functionality:
- 100mb webspace
- FTP access
- MySQL Database
- Password protected folders/directories
Your email address will have been setup as firstname.lastname@example.org where name will be your Company, Battalion or District name.
When applying for services to be setup you can choose if you would like your email address to be forwarded to another email address or if you would like your own email account.
Email account functionality and options:
- Webmail Access (access your mail from anywhere)
- 100mb storage (can be increased on request subject to space)
- Anti-spam engine (reduces spam reaching your account)
- IMAP support
- POP3 support (can be setup in a client such as Outlook or Windows Mail)
- Autoresponders (setup an auto responder with an automated reply when away)
- Forwarding (you can set your email to forward to another address)